Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Pros and Cons

This is a very exciting entry: My first ever post on back-to-back days! Therefore, if you’ve been away for a day or two (or more...shame on you!), there are some hilarious Cleveland entries you should make sure you scroll down and read. Not sure if “The Pros and Cons” (The Ps&Cs) will become a blog franchise or not yet, but here is take one.

The Pros: Four Things I Am Looking Forward to this Week

1. The Biggest Loser Finale – Who will win this record-setting season? Who did the fans vote for to make the final 3? Who did the best at home? Will we finally get to see Allison Sweeney’s baby? And most importantly, when does the next season start? All these questions and more may be answered!

2. The Lost Finale – Thanks to the Cavs taking care of business in a timely fashion, I get to watch this finale at Jeff’s with other Lost-aholics! Thus, we get to marvel as they finally answer some questions, cheer at the twist and turns, and in the end, complain that they didn’t really explain anything and we are as confused as ever.

3. Angels & Demons – Not sure if I will get around to going to see it this weekend, but I am re-reading the book to get prepared for eventually checking it out.. I have always like this book better than The Da Vinci Code, and I figure it will be the same for the movies, since I was particularly unimpressed by both the movie and Tom Hank's mullet.



4. Going to the Indians-Rays Game – Despite the fact that they had the worst record in baseball before winning last night, I still love my Indians, and I will be out in full force to root them on at the Trop on Saturday. As I an added bonus, I will probably be out on the Gulf all morning before heading out there. Got to love FL and having friends with tickets and boat connections!

The Cons: Two Things I Am Not Looking Forward to This Week

1. No Cavs Games – Yes, I am extremely excited they swept another series and have won all 8 games by double-digits (that’s a record!). Nonetheless, the earliest they will play is Sunday, and next Wednesday is much more likely. The suspense and possibilities of this season are already going to kill me; I don’t need these long breaks making it worse. Rest up fellas, and let’s take it to Orlando/Boston!

2. Abby leaving me for 2 weeks on Thursday – As most of you know by now, I am currently dating a great girl by the name of Abby. She is leaving for a trip to Ecuador on Thursday; I am so excited for her, and I know it will be an amazing trip (as I’ve often reminded her :) ). Nonetheless, I will miss her a lot, and I guess I will just have to find ways to keep my mind and time occupied for two weeks. Happy Hour anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I think I will have to rent Angels and Demons. I didn't like the 1st movie, so I don't have high hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, I demand you recuse yourself from writing about the Cavs...I'm beginning to suspect a bias.

    Oh, and about the Biggest Loser Finale; what bullshit. I've been pro-Jerry since day one, but I was hoping Helen would fall off a building or something. Throws her own daughter under the bus, what a winner. And I had money on Mike.

    ReplyDelete