Thursday, April 30, 2009

Checking in with the NBA Playoffs

I know my non-sports readers will simply gloss over this, so be advised that I have two posts in the works involving television and randomness. Expect them to be out in the next few days. Here is an update on how I have done in my first round predictions for the series that have finished so far.

Prediction: Cavs in 5.

Actual: Cavs in 4.

Analysis: It is hard to sweep a series, and I really thought the Pistons veterans would put up some fight and pride would get them a game. I was wrong. The Pistons’ starters officially went on vacation about the 2nd quarter of Game 2. Certainly glad to be so close to right, and that my Cavs cruised into the next round. So bored right now waiting for them to start the next round though…

Prediction: Lakers in 5.

Actual: Lakers in 5.

Analysis: Dead on, I rock. Glad to see the Jazz were able to take a game and make the series semi-competitive. One thing to note as the playoffs move on. In the game the Lakers lost, the ultimate “game-finisher” in Kobe Bryant, was not able to find the a rhythm and didn’t show that killer instinct/extra gear he is suppose to always have ready. I find it hard to believe that LeBron would have this problem, especially with the players he now has around him.

Prediction: Mavericks in 6.

Actual: Mavericks in 5.

Analysis: Given that this was my only upset pick, I think it made even more impressive by the fact that I gave the favorites an extra win! Mavericks look like a tough team right now, and I think the upcoming series with the Nuggets will be a good one.

Prediction: Nuggets in 6.

Actual: Nuggets in 5.

Analysis: Once again, gave the underdogs too much credit. When the Hornets should have been getting that 2nd win at home, they were laying an absolute egg and losing by a playoff record 58 points! Also, every time I turn on the Nuggets, I literally get mesmerized watching Chris “The Birdman” Anderson and can’t turn it off. Here’s hoping he sticks around until the Finals for us.

So there it is, 4 for 4 so far, never off by more than a game in series length. I should work for ESPN or something (hint hint to the random executives that I know are reading my blog). The finishes of the other 4 should be exciting (especially Bulls-Celtics). Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete