Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Some house cleaning...

First, I have talk about great the Cavs are doing. This is by far the best I’ve ever seen them play, and they have the best record in the NBA by 2 full games. The also happen to be 35-1 at home, so if they keep that position and have home court advantage throughout the playoffs, they are going to be very tough to beat. LeBron is LeBron, and as great of a year as he is having (an almost certain MVP), he always steps up his game in the playoffs. Mo Williams has been a sensational pickup, and has been that 2nd scorer who can run the show with LeBron on the bench that we have needed for a long time. We have the outside shooting (Mo, Delonte West, Wally) and inside presence (Big Z, Anderson Vareajo, Joe Smith) to keep any team off balance. And we can survive smaller injuries, as our bench probably goes at least 9 or 10 deep. So do I think they can finally win Cleveland a championship this year? Yes. Do I think they will? Probably not…it’s Cleveland, something will happen to break our hearts. Sorry for the pessimism, we’ve been classically conditioned. J 

Second, on top of my brackets being busted, you may have noticed my Sweet Sixteen didn’t do too well either. My 13 and 14 ranked teams are both in the Final Four. On the “bright” side, my original champion from my main bracket and the team that I ranked #1 last week is still alive, and I am more and more convinced that UNC will win it all. Man, that still hurts to write. 

Third, I forgot a few reasons to watch How I Met Your Mother. The first is that the main character, Ted, is from Ohio (Shaker Heights, specifically) and is a Cleveland Indians fan. If you look closely, he wears a shirt once or twice, and they go to an Indians game at Yankees stadium to try and cheer up Marshall. He also went to Ohio Wesleyan Univ., where I got a scholarship and considered attending before deciding on Bowling Green. The second is the great influx of guest stars in the 3rd season. I thoroughly enjoyed the appearances of Wayne Brady, Sarah Chalke, Enrique Iglesias, Mandy Moore, and even Britney Spears. 

Finally, I am leaving for New Orleans tomorrow for the Society of Industrial/Organizational Psychology Conference. Fortunately, I don’t have too many conference activities to attend, so I will mostly just be enjoying the city and catching up with friends I haven’t seen in a year. I am also hoping to do a little networking in my continued effort to find a job. On that front, I did have a phone interview for a one-year position at Gannon Univ. in Erie, PA, and I will find out this week if I get a campus interview.  If nothing else, it’s more interview experience.  So as I will be out of town, a post is unlikely this week, but I promise to post a new one on Monday. Have a great week all!

1 comment: