Thursday, July 16, 2009

Moving, Twitts, & a Beard Update

Hey all, I haven’t been able to post this past week because Abby and I have been busy moving into our new apartment. Although I did have my computer set up on an end table from day 1 (I can’t live without constant internet at this point), I just got my desk setup.

We were welcome to our new place by a window covered in flies, a crap-ton of bugs in the kitchen, and a broken alarm system that would not stop beeping. Nonetheless, we persevered and have since killed all the flies, used traps, exterminators, and cleanliness to limit the bug population, and the alarm system is up and running. After an entire day of moving on Saturday (special thanks to Ben, Kyle, and Abby’s fam) and 5 days of organizing the apartment, it is now completely livable and almost fully functioning. We are hoping to have it all done by this weekend, so we can relax, and then I can get down to some hardcore work and job search prep starting next week.

FYI, I finally gave in and started “twitting” (I refuse to use the term “tweet). If you use Facebook, my updates go on there as my status. But if you are a Tweeple (and yes, that is the official term, I looked it up), you can login and follow me at http://twitter.com/Mazzter4l.

Finally, the great beard grow back is in full swing. I am trying to see how quickly I can regrow it back to its previous majesty. I of course mean how I usually wear it, not the supreme awesomeness of my redneck beard (although I have not ruled out that making a comeback at some point). I'm thinking I can pull it off in about 2 weeks, but we shall see. This is what it looks like after 6 days. That's a little bit of the new place in the background there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment